Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Belated Introduction

This probably should have been the first post, but formality is not one of the goals here. My aim is information, with a hefty side of humor, or at least being more amusing than a newspaper or textbook.

I've been studying politics for the last eight years, getting a BA in political science along the way, and I've amassed a considerable archive of election lore along the way. My focus is primarily historical, though I do keep up with current events. It's not that I like the past more, but you can understand it better, because you've already seen most or all of the ramifications. Issues like gold-based money and protective tariffs are largely settled, and we can examine the elections where they were important without having to trail off because they're still developing, unlike, say, the role of evangelical Christians in the Republican Party.

There are many things I can talk about from scratch, of course, but my hope is that you folks will send me questions, so I know what you're curious or confused about.

1 comment:

  1. Question: What are some good newspapers to read that give a fairly accurate rundown on what's going on in the U.S. government today? And can you explain the U.S.'s foreign policy for us...simpletons?

    ReplyDelete